Pre-order: Only 10 of these are getting made every month on a pre-order basis. The current batch is planned for the end of August.
This is a bolt-on kit to turbocharge the GXE10 1999-2005 Lexus IS200/Altezza AS200 with the Toyota 1G-FE engine.
The kit doesn't include the turbocharger itself, so you need to source one directly from Mambatek. The one we designed this kit around is this:
This turbo kit uses the Mamba TD04HL-15T turbo with a large 8.5cm exhaust housing and a "viper" 9 blade turbine. It has a billet aluminium compressor wheel and 360 degree thrust bearing.
During our extensive 18 month testing of this kit we managed the following:
- Full boost comes at 3000 rpm on the OEM ECU
- When set at 0.6 bar, the boost level stays rock solid across the rev range. At boost levels of up to 0.9 bar there's no tapering off at higher RPM, no peaks as well.
- Lag is kept to a minimum for a good engine response. Combining this kit with a lightweight flywheel makes for a great match.
The kit is bolt-on with everything pre-fabricated. Some minor permanent modifications are required: a couple of 8mm holes in the crash bar to mount the intercooler and 2 small cutouts in the plastic arch liners for the charge pipes to go through, hole in the engine sump to bolt in the oil return fitting and cutting the 2 heater matrix coolant hoses to tap into the coolant system.
Power wise this kit is capable of 300+ hp on standard 1GFE internals. Since these cars are 20 years old now, results may vary wildly from engine to engine and setup to setup. Running at 0.6 bar of boost is considered very safe for the engine and while we haven't had any issues running it at 0.8-0.9 bar, caution should be exersiced when boosting any N/A engine.
Component list and description:
Top mount turbo manifold - stainless steel TIG welded, 3.2mm thick walled, T25 turbo mount, water jet cut flanges.
Downpipe - stainless steel TIG welded, 2.5" diameter, water jet cut flanges, mounts directly to the "double barrel" cat pipe (Toyosports decat is highly recommended, although not required).
Fuel system upgrade: 1ZZ-FE injectors - refurbished and flow matched (within 4%) genuine Denso 1ZZ-FE injectors
Fuel system upgrade: Fuel return line and a rising rate FPR - our fully custom fuel return line kit with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator pre-set at 3.5 bar differential pressure, OEM in-tank FPR delete and new OEM Toyota fuel pump gasket and fuel line clip.
- Custom turbo oil and coolant feed lines - stainless braded hoses and crimped fittings. No universal aluminium fittings are used on this kit.
- Custom stainless steel CHRA AN4 fittings and oil feed banjo adapter with an integrated oil restrictor.
- Custom stainless steel VVTi oil feed banjo bolt with an integrated 10mm banjo turbo oil feed.
Custom stainless steel bolt-in sump oil return fitting with gaskets so no welding is necessary.
- Custom TIG welded turbo oil drain pipe with a water jet cut flange and 16mm oil resistant rubber hose
- Fuel Cut Defender or the so called "black box" which limits the MAP sensor signal to 127 kPa so the OEM ECU doesn't trigger fuel cut mode.
- OEM Toyota exhaust manifold gaskets
- Custom angled T-pieces with AN4 outlets for tapping into the heater matrix coolant lines.
Intercooler and pipework - custom welded aluminium pipework with 550x140x65mm intercooler which fits behind the standard IS200 front bumper (aftermarket bumpers and the OEM SportCross bumper may require trimming).
- 4-ply silicone joiners and elbows for the charge pipework.
- Custom intercooler mounting brackets with stainless steel fasteners.
- Stainless steel T-bolt clamps for the silicone joiners and elbows.
- Stainless steel hose clamps for the coolant hoses and the oil drain hose.
- Rubber bushed hose retainers to secure the turbo oil feed hose to the head.
Note: All turbo gaskets, studs and nuts are supplied with the Mamba turbocharger and not supplied with this kit.
You need to provide your own air filter/intake. The turbocharger has a standard 60mm inlet port. Any pod/cone filter with that outlet size will work perfectly.
The use of oil catch tank for the valve cover breather is recommended, but a simple breather filter will work as well. Leaving the breather port open isn't recommended.
We ship worldwide! You can check the exact shipping cost in your shopping cart.